Content Marketing Editor Job Description
We are looking for a Content Marketing Editor to research, write, proofread and publish online content.
Content Editor responsibilities include producing the monthly newsletter, fact-checking writers’ articles and optimizing written pieces to increase user engagement. If you have excellent writing and editing skills in English and experience managing editorial calendars, we’d like to meet you.
Please share samples of your work by including either a portfolio or links to your published articles along with your application.
Ultimately, you will produce engaging quality content that speaks to our audience and boosts engagement with our brand.
Content Marketing Editor Responsibilities
- Write blog posts and marketing copy to promote our products and services
- Proofread, re-structure and edit articles by content writers
- Update our website and social media pages with new content
- Craft and send our monthly newsletter
- Interview industry professionals and use online sources to research topics
- Improve illustration in collaboration with marketing and design teams
- Optimize published pieces using SEO guidelines
- Manage the editorial calendar and ensure timely publication
- Generate new ideas around industry-related topics
- Monitor web traffic and user engagement (e.g. bounce rates)
Content Marketing Editor Requirements
- Proven work experience as a Content Editor, Web Editor or similar role
- Portfolio of published work
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Familiarity with SEO and keyword research
- BS in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field